Friday, December 28, 2018

Designin' December

My latest two garments are a linen skirt with an inverted pleat. The pattern is from So Sew Easy and is the Wear Everywhere Skirt.


My major make this month has been the shirt I entered into the Designin' December Challenge . The original was in a local shopping centre and I made my copy using fabric I have been saving/hoarding  for nearly 20 years and a Kwik Sew Pattern #3027. I modified the pattern slightly by leaving off the pockets and adding the sleeve tabs.


I'm very pleased with the results of my copy and although the original wasn't very expensive, I made this one for next to nothing.

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Kathy! I always say “Why buy when you can make it yourself - better and for less money!” Linda of “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with your own version you can tweak the fit to your body too!

    ReplyDelete