Wednesday, December 4, 2019

I'm still here

It is now December 2019 and a full year since my last post. I seem to have dropped the blogging bundle somewhere along the way, but I have been sewing spasmodically during the last year.

My first garment in January 2019 was the Itch-to-stitch Nottingham top which was my prize for the Designing December challenge 2018.
 I used some purple knit for this top and had a little trouble getting the knot to sit properly but hey ho it's wearable.

 


I had some lovely grey ponte begging to be a dressy cardigan/jacket. A very very old pattern, Knitwit 7000 saw this come to fruition in May and I love it and have worn it heaps during the cooler months.

Since then I have done a few alterations and mended some things and recently joined a mini-quilt-a-long on Facebook which was a lot of fun. The finished quilt is only 14" square and foundation pieced on paper. It was quite fiddly at times but a good challenge for the brain.





Have also downloaded and sewn a couple of Barbie outfits which are delightfully fiddly and take very little fabric.

It's been a long while between posts but I haven't been completely idle and hope to have a few more items to display soon.

I enjoy reading other sewer's posts but I miss a lot of my favourites as I have never come to grips with Instagram and likely never will.

Merry Christmas from a very hot Western Australia and good wishes for the New Year.

KathyS

2 comments:

  1. Lovely makes Kathy, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year from chilly Derbyshire, England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruthie. I follow your blog on Bloglovin' but it won't let me make comments. I wish I had your talent with colour groups. I'm afraid I'm a bit random when it comes to colour, I need to plan better.

      Delete