Friday, November 16, 2018

It's been more than 12 months since my last post and well and truly time I wrote about the sewing I have done since then. I must confess, first, that I have spent more time reading other's sewing blogs and following Facebook groups than sewing myself but I have made some progress the last few months.

After the disaster that was my last effort (see previous post) I rather lost interest in sewing for a bit but in January 2018  I spotted the Sew So Easy On Safari Skirt pattern and knew I had to have it. It was just what I needed to boost my enthusiasm. I downloaded the PDF stuck it together (I hate PDF patterns) and made the skirt from a remnant of khaki stretch gabardine. It's a lovely skirt, fits well and is comfortable to wear. It was made for the January MAGAM but didn't get posted on the Facebook page.

Blouse tucked in for display only which makes it look lumpy

In May I made Vogue 8151 a pattern I have had for many years. This time I made view B, crew neck and 3/4 sleeves. The fabric was a 1 metre blue knit remnant from Knitwit that I have had for 13 years. The neckline is a bit high for me and needs to be lowered a little as it cuts across my throat which I don't like. It's a nice top which fits well but needs a forward shoulder adjustment as well. I really need to start doing that as a matter of course. I would also make it with long sleeves instead of 3/4 next time. No photo but it looks a lot like the pattern illustration
Next up was the Tessuti Monroe Top. A free PDF pattern. This time I paid for a hard copy to be posted to me. Did I mention I hate PDF patterns.

I'm not sure when I made this top but it was sometime in winter (June/July?). Another remnant this time, pink and grey striped knit that I have had for around 14 years. It was the first piece of knit fabric I ever bought and sewed and I have saved the remnant ever since. There was just enough to make the body and turtleneck of the Monroe and for the sleeves I chopped up a t-shirt belonging to my husband which he no longer wore.

Well I seem to have opened the floodgates but I still have more to show so I'll leave them for the next post. Excuse the photos on Myrtle but she models the things so much better than I and if I waited for pictures on me they would never get shown.

2 comments: