Monday, September 8, 2014

August stashbusting

The theme for August was stashbusting, so I took the opportunity to scrounge among those pesky remnants that we all manage to collect and came up with a couple of "colour blocked garments".
Naturally I couldn't find any pieces that were big enough to make something that looked reasonable so I just hacked a bit off here and there and came up with this for my granddaughter.
Kwik Sew 3234

The pattern is a girl's pyjama top but I figured a top is a top and it was the only kids pattern I have anyway.
Kwik Sew 2965

Next I salvaged a few pieces in 3 colours and cobbled together this top for myself. Suitable for around the house in summer.What else can I say.

While I was in salvage mode I lopped the bodice off the house dress I made last year. I only wore it twice. It had an acute case of gaposis at the back neckline and the long back zipper was more than my bad shoulder could cope with.
It will be much more useful as a summer skirt. I finished the waist with some pale blue bias tape from my collection.

Let's hope September will be more inspiring.


  1. You have done well to save that fabric and reuse. Great tops and skirt.

  2. So clever taking the 'stashbusting' challenge to another level! Love all the color-blocking you did!!

  3. I really love your tops and skirt, Kathy. You did an excellent work on refashion :)

  4. I think that was a fantastic effort - a great use of those leftovers. And house clothes are so useful to have - you can look smart but not worry too much about what happens to them :). Great idea to cut the dress down - it was not going to work as it was, but the skirt will. And you know about your shoulder and long back zips now - something to avoid in the future.